While plant pots and peet moss definitely have their place, this ingenious little device is a unique alternative.
Use it to turn any old paper into biodegradable plant pots for your seedlings. Once your plants have reached the desired size, simply plant them in the ground, pot and all!
If planting is a family activity in your household, making these pots is something that even younger kids can help out with!
Instructions: (Borrowed from CleverBean)
1. Cut dry newspapers into strips (8cm x 57cm approx.)
2. Roll strip loosely around potter and roughly fold over excess paper.
3. Press potter onto base.
4. Remove pot & fill with growing medium.
5. Plant seedling or sow seeds directly.
6. Paper pot will biodegrade when transplanted to garden.
Pot is approx. 5 ½ inches high.
Find It On Amazon
This would be a great way to start your seedlings if you have an aquaponics setup; no pots to store when you're not sprouting!
If you enjoyed this post, why not Subscribe to Organically Inclined!